March 8 is Internation Women’s Day! And there’s lots to do for us Girl Geeks. Check out these things you can do.
- Make WikiPedia (more) gender neutral. Join the wikiproject ‘Gendergap’ (in Dutch) and make Wikipedia better by adding more articles on women geniuses like ourselves. Naturally.
- Join the discussion on Women in Tech. Join Usabilia for an evening of insightful discussions with like-minded people, as they come together in Amsterdam to champion diversity and make sure there’s a seat for everybody at the table. See Meetup for details (already 56 attending!).
- Tell your StartUp Story. Or go out and listen to them. TheNextWomen organizes a network event where women actively discuss their startup issues.
- Watch a movie. Many, many cinemas across The Netherlands are showing stories of women around the world.
- Join two CEO’s for a lessons learned session. Together with Lof Foundation, TopFem organises an extra event to get you inspired. Succesful role models, such as Hans Zwarts (former CEO at Randstad) and Francine van Dierendonck (CEO at Xenos), will tell their ‘lessons learned’ through storytelling. Hop on the train to Leiden – worth it for the fab location alone!
- Do something different: join a flashmob. Go to Rotterdam Central Station and dance! See the Facebook event for details (English included!).
Well, these were our two cents for what to do on women’s day if you’re a girl geek. We’d love to hear where you’re going. Drop your two cents below in the comments area!